Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Stripe 'N Feather Nails

 

This one is more sophisticated but quite simple to do. Any black, grey and white polish will do. I bought the gold striping tape at a local mall, the whole strip cost me R20 ($2USD). It takes a bit of getting used to but once you get the hang of it, it's quite simple.
I used the "rolling method" to stripe the polish. You place the brush at the end of the nail and keep it still, rolling your finger right to left or vice versa to actually paint the nail. It really helps for those with shaky hands!
The feather is a real seagull feather that I picked up at the beach...it's nice to live in Cape Town :)
I don't use any kind of glue, I just paste in on the nail while the polish is still wet. I then put my favorite top coat on to seat it.

I should add that my top coat is the only thing I splurge on because I feel it's the most important step of the manicure. I use Sally Hansen Insta-Dry, it really does dry almost instantly and protects my nails from chipping. My manicures last me 1 week or longer and I give full credit to my beloved top coat!


When it comes to base coat, I also like the pricier stuff because it saves my nails from turning yellow and gives the nail polish a good foundation to stick but I'm not monogamous in my choice of base coats, I like to try different stuff out.

No comments:

Post a Comment